Python Developer - Machine Learning
Senior Software Engineer
The Advanced Analytics & AI organization is tasked with identifying opportunities for the application of data science, artificial intelligence and machine learning throughout the company, and then acting on those opportunities. In addition, we develop and operate tools and processes to accelerate and support all teams using data science and machine learning.
We are now looking for someone with extensive experience in software engineering and Python programming. The role is unique in the team and does not require machine learning expertise (although having it is a plus). The role is intended to elevate the data science team’s software engineering practices and involves significant hands-on contributions as well as guidance and evangelization.
• Understand analytical problems and help implement their solution into code
• Shape the architectural view of the solution, and analyze technical trade-offs in systems design
• Both guide and do hands-on development of production implementation of the solution
• Coach team members in software engineering best practices
• 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
• 3+ years of experience in Python programming
• Solid understanding of system design and modern software architecture
• Experience building Machine Learning solutions or other data-powered applications
• Experience with the Python data science stack (pandas, sci-kit learn, etc)
• Expertise in testing
• Collaborative team player
• Excellent communication skills, able to convey complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Structured way of working, and good documentation skills.
The role is located in Gothenburg. You can work appr. 50% remote and 50% on site in Gothenburg.