Location: Sthlm or Kalmar
Start: Asap, 6 months option to extend
A software quality assurance (QA) engineer monitors every phase of the development
process to ensure that the design and software adhere to company standards.
The essence of the role
Software faults are costly for a company, so it's vital for releases to meet target dates
and are deployed with no service disruption. A software quality assurance engineer
helps meet deadlines and quality targets by developing and executing testing goals and
relaying any issues back to the development and product teams or leaders.
The QA engineer will also own the last test before functionality go into production, and
these tests shall be regression-, stress-, performance-, blackbox- and negative tests to
ensure highest quality standards. The QA engineer will drive so that these tests are
automated in the highest degree, and that they can be done in a repetitive-, cost and
time efficient way.
This function will own the staging environment, assist engineering and other functions
to test their software before being deployed.
As our new Quality Assurance Engineer you will:
• Structure Quality Assurance within Operations, which includes processes, tools,
way of working between teams at Sinch.
• Be part of integration projects for our messaging platform as a technical
resource from Service Operations.
• Act as a bridge between Sinch Service Operations and Operator Division,
Engineering, Infrastructure and Network Operations.
• Drive the integration plan for new releases and deployments in Nova production
platform with Engineering and Operator Division.
• Role will include Stress-, Negative-, Regression-, performance- and Blackbox
testing of the platform environment and application level.
• Maintaining the messaging Staging environment
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
• Develop and execute strategy regarding test scenarios, plans and procedures
• Understanding Customer Issues for the Product and working with the relevant
Software Developers to devise a new function, test plan and push for completion
into production environment
• Document functionality of new releases and functions to ensure quality across
the production platform for all teams
Education and Experience
• Education: Preferably at least a bachelor’s or master's degree in software design,
engineering, or computer science.
• Experience: 3+ years of practical experience in using and understanding
software QA methodologies, tools, and processes, knowledge of Java, SQL and
• Experience in software development cycles.
To be successful in this role you need:
• An adaptable mind-set - The work environment is very agile and flexible which
sets demands that you can shift easily
• Very good communications skills - you will interact with a lot of different people
• Be driven as a person - Need to work proactively to find issues and report them
• Time management skills - Prioritize tasks and be adaptable towards other team's